Monday, July 5, 2010

Kept Out


I was on a stage in a plastic Knight's costume and some play was supposed to be going on but I wasn't speaking the lines as they were written; I never even considered that I may have known them; there was no attempt to speak the lines. I commented on some of the character's actions as if they were real; I related them to the real experiences of my life. I heard an audience member complain that I wasn't performing correctly, but -- as if it weren't for them but me for whom I was on the stage -- I ignored her and focused inward. I tried to see my hands but they weren't there. I lost the play because I tried to force myself to see my hands instead of accepting that they weren't there -- or that I didn't need them.



Neverland (Piano Variation in Blue) -- Jan A.P. Kaczmarek

0 comments:

Post a Comment