Sunday, June 20, 2010

New Leaf?

Breakfast: Two cigarettes (Marlboro 27s), Zoloft, and half a roll from Bertucci's.

Hardly one of champions, but we've all gotta start somewhere. I'm nixing the cigarettes, probably increasing the Zoloft, and finding some more protein 'cause I eat too much bread (I wonder if Bertucci's makes protein versions of their rolls 'cause them fuckas TAYsty).

Plans for the day are tentative per the entirety of this summer so far. I'm going to the library where I'll procrastinate for a while, get angry about Joe High School's Facebook status then cram study for a proofreading interview I have tomorrow. But first I think I'm going to watch one of the Dog Whisperer DVD's and really become a 'pack leader.'

This is like day 3? of my new life. It's not so much as a new leaf turned as a new tree planted.

283 words in my current short story...gotta get working.

"Dreams"
-Langston Hughes

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

I have to stop thinking of life as an already broken-winged bird, a flock of them that cannot and should not try to fly. I'm nineteen. It's okay to have dreams.


Inspire, move & touch: Are you stuck at the crossroads of life? Oh, wolves (and Woolfs). They keep popping up everywhere I turn, inside myself and out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment